Celebrating Earth Day
Earth Day will be celebrated world wide on April, 22nd 2014. It’s an event for us to remember to appreciate nature and learn ways to protect mother earth. Education is the heart of Earth Day so what’s a better way for us to celebrate than with your students? Join us in celebrating Earth Day by encourage your students to join the Earth Day Webmix Contest! Also, it’s a great way to show your students wemix . We will announce the winner on April 22nd!
Examples of Earth Day Webmix:
- If students are over 14 years old, they can submit their webmix directly to Symbaloo.
- If students are under 14 years old, they can submit their webmix to a teacher then the teacher can submit to Symbaloo on student’s behalf.
- If winners are under 14 years old, teachers will redeem prizes on students’ behalf.
- Webmix must be made by students.
How to Win:
- Create a fun Earth Day webmix with at least 20 tiles!
- Must have Earth Day content.
- Connect with SymbalooEDU on social media. Follow 2 of SymbalooEDU social profiles: Facebook, Google+, Twitter and Pinterest.
- Submit your webmix from April 7 – April 11.
- Multiple channels to submit your webmix:
- Twitter: Tweet @symbalooedu a picture and link to your webmix with hashtag #SYMearthday (don’t forget to follow us so we can send you a direct message!)
- Facebook: Post a picture of your webmix along with a link of it and hashtag #SYMearthday on the SymbalooEDU Facebook page.
- Google+: Post a picture of your webmix along with a link of it and hashtag #SYMearthday on SymbalooEDU Google+ page.
- We will create a Facebook album with a picture of your students Earth Day webmixes and links.
- Encourage others to celebrate Earth Day by sharing your students webmixes!
How to Vote:
Voting will occur from Monday April 14 – Friday April 18. Winner will be announced on Earth Day, Tuesday April 22!
- We will post a Facebook album named “Earth Day Webmix Contest”
- Find your students Earth Day webmixes in the album, 1 pts for each like and 2 pts for each comment, 2 pts for share.
- If you share your webmix, don’t forget to tag the SymbalooEDU page and hashtag #SYMearthday
- Tweet @SymbalooEDU with the link of the Earth Day webmix you’re voting for and hashtag #SYMearthday.
- 2 pts for each tweet, 1 pt for retweet and 1 pt for favorite.
- We will share each of your student’s Earth Day webmix on SymbalooEDU Google+ page.
- 1 pt for +, and 2 pts for share.
The Earth Day webmix with the most vote will win an Earth Day package!
- Lorax the movie.
- $20 Itunes giftcard.