PD Pro Meredith Martin shared her extensive resources and apps on Augmented Reality in the Classroom with us. We went over how to use apps and great ways to keep students engaged. Find the entire conversation here, as well as a webmix with some of the apps we talked about!
PD Pro Jenifer Gossman for hosted Virtual PLCs on #symchat! We discussed Google Hangouts, PLC, Skype and got tips on how to expand professional networks. Read the archive below for tweets from this #symchat.
PD PRO Shelley Breivogel hosted a fantastic #symchat on flipped PD. Educators, staff of eLearning and EVSC district from Indiana , and students shared their input on this topic.
Here are some main points from the conversation on #symchat:
- Educators would like to see students join #symchat.
- Symbaloo Certification is a great way to get students involved.
- Flipped PD is on the rise!
- Flipped PD helps teachers work at their own convenience and to get more in depth with each topic of their interest.
- This modern way of teaching allows students to think more and to have personal interactions instead of just absorbing information.
- Flipped PD helps teachers break out of their boxes and get more involved with students and learn more about other teachers methods.
- Shelley Breivogel had an idea to, in the future, put a link to favorite teaching ideas on a joint Symbaloo web mix!
- Educators were asking for advice on teachers completing their flipped PD and how to ensure everyone is on board.
- Success has been found by offering incentives like gift cards, teachers seek out a peer for help or meet with an learning coach.
- Webmixes make flipped learning easy! Like the one Bill Gumula shared: http://edu.symbaloo.com/mix/scottfacultyresources
- Some ideas on how to share through symbaloo were discussed; students reading, portfolio of student work and students offering choices on activities.
We also received some great tools! Add them to your webmix!
SymbalooEDU educators chatting about favorite Symbaloo features and webmixes from the year 2013 and sharing new things for the new year.